Monday, July 28, 2014

Refried Black Beans

I'm sorry that I've been away.  We've been busy with stuff at the house. Our drain pan in the furnace was overflowing, so we had to pull up part of the brand new flooring in the laundry room because of the water.  But thankfully my dad ran a HVAC business for 30 years.  Hubbs and dad fixed it yesterday.  Now we're just waiting for the rest of the water from the insulation to finish draining out, then we'll be able to finish the laundry room.

And I have more exciting news!

I GOT A JOB!!!

I start at Burke's Outlet on Wednesday.  Woot woot!  I've spent two years trying to find a new job since I quit Subway.  It's 20 cents less than what I was making at Subway when I quit, but after 6 years, I was only making 8 dollars.  That was 75 cents above minimum wage.  I had to nearly BEG for a raise from my old boss. 

Now I'm going to be doing school, DNA testing, and cashiering.  I'm just so excited.  But I've never worked at a job where I actually get a lunch break.  I never got a break when I worked at Subway.  I had to find a chance to take a minute long break between customers.  I'm so excited.  Downside is that this coming weekend is Tax Free weekend in TN.  And I'm 99.9% sure that I'll have to work. And I am COMPLETELY OKAY WITH THAT!!! AH!

Okay, now for the recipe.  I'm just doing a simple one for this post because I've got clothes that need to be washed (my sneakers are in there right now) and dishes that need to be put away.  So here is refried black beans.

You'll need:
1 can of black beans
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon of cumin

Add a little bit of oil to the skillet and cook the garlic until soft.

Add the entire can of beans (I really hate this part because there is so much sodium in this, even with the low sodium beans).

Mash the beans then add the cumin and mix together.

I served them with taquitos.  That my husband didn't like (because they had veggies in them).

No comments:

Post a Comment