Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Paprika Roasted Potatoes

So the Hubbs and I have decided that we need to start eating healthier again. We'd lost focus on that but now we're going to buckle down and start.  This month actually makes a year since I've had a soda. It's been great. I feel so much better than I did a year ago. It was a rough transition though. Aside from going out to a sit down restaurants (Logan's, Applebee's, etc.) all I ever had was soda. Dr. Pepper. Pepsi. And oh the caffeine. I was drinking 3-4 Redbulls and energy shots a day just to keep going.  When I went cold turkey, I honestly thought I was gonna die. The headaches were absolutely awful.  But I made it. And the temptation to drink them even went away.  Now even a sip of a soda will make my stomach hurt. If I can do it, so can you.

I don't even remember when I made these, but it was a few weeks ago.  They were delicious too.  It's no secret that I do have favorite spices. Paprika being one of them (cumin being the other). And it's no secret that the Hubbs loves potatoes.  What better dish to make then?

First you're going to need to quarter some red potatoes. I did about 8.

Then you'll need:
1 cup of chicken broth
2 tablespoons of oil
2 teaspoons of paprika
1 teaspoon of cayenne
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
3 minced garlic cloves

Saute the garlic in the oil until browned

Add the potatoes

Add the other spices.

Add the liquid.

Stir it and put a lid on it. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft and browned.

I served these with chicken breasts (though I don't have a picture of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment