Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chicken and Mushroom Gravy

I really don't know if that's exactly what you'd call this.  It's not really a mushroom gravy.  It's more chicken with mushrooms and gravy.  It was tasty, but not the prettiest thing I've ever made. We didn't actually get to have it for dinner (I don't remember why now), so the Hubbs took it with him to work the next day.

I know I've been away for a bit. We've had a ton going on and I'm job hunting so we can save up some extra cash to do some renovations to our house. Like the upstairs bathroom that flooded our living room.


I used:
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of chicken broth
1 small onion
1/4 cup of flour
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced

I put the onions, garlic, and mushrooms over the chicken.

Mix the broth and flour together.

Add it to the glass dish.

Sprinkle the butter over it.

Bake for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

If we had been able to eat it that night, I would have served it with broccoli or squash.






No comments:

Post a Comment