Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies

I've got three tutorials ready to go.  It was a bit difficult to pick which one I wanted to do today.  But I decided to do the cookies because I've never posted a cookie recipe.  Gasp!  But that's because I never make cookies.  I really need to fix that.

I love sugar cookies.  I love peanut butter cookies.  What could be better than peanut butter sugar cookies?!  You can add any extras to the tops of these that you want: nuts, chocolates, etc.  I just wanted straight up peanut butter sugar cookies to bring with me to class tonight.

You're going to need:
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs

Cream the sugars, peanut butter, and butter together.

Add the egg and vanilla, and mix together.

Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.

Add the flour and mix it together.

Set the batter in the fridge for at least an hour.

I used a melon baller to scoop out the dough.  Press the cookies down. Traditionally, you're supposed to use a form to press them down in a crisscross pattern.  But I found that this dough was a little too sticky. 

Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Move them to a cooling rack.

These are delicious and this batch made at 79 cookies.  Yeah, you read that right.  79 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment