Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mixed Berry and Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins

I woke up yesterday with a craving for muffins.  I've got muffin mixes but I'm pretty sure they're out of date and I just don't like those as much as fresh homemade muffins.  I also knew that I had raspberries and blueberries in the fridge that were going to go bad before I ate them.  So, I decided to make muffins.

But first.  How cute is she?!  That's my baby right there.  I love all my dogs but Paka is my little bitty, teeny weeny baby. 

Okay, now back to the muffins.  I was a little torn about whether to save these in my dessert or bread files.  But I went with bread. Because it makes me feel better about eating one for breakfast.  There are two sets of ingredients.  Dry and wet.  And they each get mixed separately.

Wet:
1 cup of milk (I use 1%)
2 teaspoons of lemon juice (I used concentrated because I had no fresh lemons)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 egg

Dry:
2 cups of AP flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of sugar

Mix the wet in the bowl of your stand mixer and the dry in a bowl.

You'll also need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips for this next step.

Mix the wet, the dry, and the chips together.

Just enough to get them all combined. Lumps are okay.

Now you'll need about two cups of mixed berries (I used blueberries and raspberries).

Mix them in but not enough to make the batter change colors.  You don't want to over mix.

I used an ice cream scoop to portion them out into paper cups.

Bake at around 350-375 depending on your oven for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.  This made 19 muffins.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment