Sunday, June 8, 2014

Gravy and Chicken


I meant to post yesterday but my dad took the Hubbs and I out to eat for our birthday.  But, I am going to post now.

So, I made this the other night.  Mostly for the Hubbs to take food for lunch.  The recipe makes it's own gravy as it cooks. Everything cooks in one glass dish.

You're going to need:
1 diced onion
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup of flour
1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
4 chicken breasts (you'll notice I only used two)

Whisk the flour and broth together.

Put the chicken, onions, and mushrooms in your glass baking dish.

Now add the broth and flour mixture.

Now, you need to dice up a half cup of butter.

Also dice up a large garlic clove.

Sprinkle the butter and garlic across the top.

Bake at 350 for an hour or until the chicken is cooked.

I know that I don't have a plated picture of this.  And I only took a small bite.  But what I did taste was delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment