Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cacio e Pepe

Allow me to preface this by saying a couple things:
1. I am really, really sorry for neglecting the blog this week.  My Hubbs was sick, I wasn't feeling too hot, and my schedule has been completely off.  I keep having to remind myself that today is not Monday.
2. My Hubbs really didn't like this pasta dish.  I loved it, but it wasn't really his cup of tea.

According to Google, "Cacio e Pepe" is a Roman dish, and means "cheese and pepper" in several central Italian languages.

It's called this because the recipe pretty much only calls for cheese and black pepper, well and butter.  I did, however, add some crushed red pepper flakes to the mix too. What can I say, I like it hot.

You'll need:
3 Tablespoons of butter (unsalted)
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

You'll also need some noodles, cooked.  I used about 8oz, broken in half.

Once the noodles are cooked, put in the butter and let it melt.

Then add in everything else.

And mix it up.

I served it with garlic chicken, which I'll post the recipe for tomorrow.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

I know this was a super short and simple recipe.  And it's kind of a cop out since I've been got for 5 days.  So I'm going to share with you one of my favorite "life/kitchen hacks". 

I love popcorn.  No butter.  Just salt and pepper.  Mmm...  But I hate using those microwave bags.  And I'm impatient and don't want to stand at the stove to pop it.  So, unless I get one of those tiny popcorn poppers, I like to use this method:

NOTE: Use oven mitts to take the bowl out of the microwave, it WILL BE VERY HOT.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Add your popcorn kernels to your bowl.

Place in the microwave with a plate on top.  Cook for 6-7 minutes.

And you've got a bowl of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment