Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bang Bang Chicken

I was going to publish my Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe today but after making diner last night.  I decided that it was much more delicious and needed to be published sooner. :)

But first, I need to talk about something.

This is a Potato Express bag.  I was skeptical.  You've probably seen advertisements for this on TV.  Like most things that are advertised on infomercials, I didn't think this would work.  But it does.  And I really couldn't be more pleased.

Okay, now onto the chicken.

First, we're gonna make the sauce.
1/4 cup of mayo (I used Kraft with olive oil)
1 tablespoon of siracha
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of hot sauce (I used Louisiana)

Add it all to a bowl and whisk it all up.

Once it's all mixed up, set it off to the side.

You'll need:
1 cup of panko
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup of oil
1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of hot sauce
1 egg
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 cup of cornstarch

Add everything but the oil and Panko to a mixing bowl.

Whisk it until smooth.

Heat the oil up in a skillet.

Okay, now you're going to take three chicken breasts and cut them into cubes.  Dip first in the liquid and then in the Panko.

Fry the chicken until golden brown.

I served them with potatoes I cooked in my Potato Express bag with the sauce on the side.  I do think that next time I'll add a little more heat to it because it wasn't nearly hot enough for our tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment