Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Zucchini and Squash- A simple side

I love vegetables.  At this point I think we have established that.  This recipe is super simple and super delicious.  I can't take all the credit for this though.  My sister-in-law (husband's brother's wife) was actually the person who first introduced this to me.  This is a change on her "recipe".

But first!  I have to show you the amazing, amazing thing I found on closeout at the grocery last week.
I got 5 packages of this for a little over a dollar each.  Oh my goodness, it's so good.  It's some of the best butter you'll ever eat. Mmm...  It's the butter that I used in this recipe.\

Now onto the recipe.
First get yourself some yummy zucchini and squash.
Then cut them up.
Now put the pieces in a foil packet.
To this, you're going to add:
2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoons of Creole seasoning
Sprinkle it all over the veggies.
It could be done right here but since I got that amazing butter, I added two tablespoons of butter to it.
Now fold it over nice and snug.
I put it in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes (might take longer or less time depending on your oven).
It's absolutely delicious.  The Hubbs ate it with potatoes au gratin and a steak.
One of the best ways to cook steak is in the oven. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and add half a tablespoon of butter.  Stick it in the oven on 350 until it's almost to your liking. Then take it out of the oven and put them in a skillet on the stove to brown the outside a little.



What's your favorite easy side dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment