Monday, May 19, 2014

Thai Peanut Chicken

I told the Hubbs that we needed to branch out from Chinese and Mexican.  He likes peanut sauce because Ruby Tuesdays used to have peanut wings and he loved them.  So I figured he'd love this dish.  And I was right. 

First, dice up a red pepper.

Then half an onion.  Or a whole onion.  I couldn't only get through cutting half of it because I felt like my eyes were burning out of my head.

Put both of those and your trimmed chicken breasts into the crock pot.

You're going to need:
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup creamy, natural peanut butter
1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cumin




Add it all to a bowl.


Whisk it all up together, making sure to break up the peanut butter.

Pour it over the top of the chicken.
Set the crock pot to low and walk away for a few hours (about 4).

Take two forks and shred up the chicken.

Serve it over brown rice for a deliciously filling and skinny meal.

The Hubbs absolutely loved it.  I'm on a mission to cook more at home and eat less in restaurants.

Next time, I'm going to add some crushed red pepper and chili sauce to it for a little heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment