Saturday, May 17, 2014

Slow Cooker Mexican Beef

See, I promised that I'd post a Mexican recipe and I am.  This beef is so delicious and tender that it falls apart within mere moments of touching it.  It made amazing tacos too.  I did just think about the fact that I probably need to start tagging on my Recipe page which recipes are spicy, slowcooker, etc.  Hmmm...

Today, I am spending my day baking cupcakes for a baby shower tomorrow.

Okay, now onto the recipe.
You're gonna need:
4 minced garlic cloves
1 cup of salsa (any kind will do)
1 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper

Mix all of that together.

Put your roast in your slow cooker.  I got this one for 5 dollars on sale at Bi-Lo.

Cover the top of the roast with the salsa mix.  And let cook for 6 hours on low.

Six hours later.

Remove the fat and shred it up.

Don't they look delicious served on whole wheat tortillas?

My best friend and husband think that they'd look better with sour cream.  I disagree.  But to each their own (But I'm obviously right, because sour cream is gross).






No comments:

Post a Comment