Wednesday, May 21, 2014

One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo

I hate dishes.  As much as I love to cook, I despise dishes.  So I decided to try to make one of my Hubby's favorite meals, using only one pot (obviously I used a few more dishes since I did a tutorial, but you get the point).  So, I made one pot chicken Alfredo.


First, you're going to need:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups of low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken, but all I had was veg)
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream

You'll also need about three chicken cut into bite size pieces.

Add the olive oil to the pot and heat it up.

Next, add the chicken and cook until it is about half done.

Now add the garlic and saute.

Add the vegetable stock.

And the cream.

And the Cajun.

Add about 12oz of uncooked pasta.

Bring it to a boil, put a lid on it, and turn the head down and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly all gone.

When it's almost done, get 2 cups of shredded Parmesan.

Add it to the pot and stir to combine.

Serve with breadsticks (I didn't make any, but it would be tasty.  You know, hindsight and all).

The next time when I'm not doing a tutorial, it'll be awesome with just the one pot.  It was really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment