Thursday, May 15, 2014

How about chocolate buttercream?

I honestly believe that the frosting was a bigger hit than the cake was. Ha.  And as promised, here is the Chocolate Buttercream recipe that goes with the Chocolate Cake

In case you have forgotten what the frosting looks like.  It was absolutely delicious.  Mmmm....
Okay, you're gonna need:
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used a half/half mix of unsweetened and dark)
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of milk (I used 1%)

Add the cocoa and the butter to the bowl of the stand mixer and mix until smooth.

Next, begin adding the milk, vanilla, and the powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time).

You should be able to stand a metal spoon up in it, but still be able to stir it. (Note, the above picture is of just the butter and cocoa, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.

See, this recipe was SUPER simple.  Don't like chocolate?! What is wrong with you? Just kidding.  You can find a recipe for vanilla buttercream here.

I used a piping bag and a Wilton icing tip to put the frosting on the cupcakes. 

Okay, so I know I've been posting A LOT of Chinese/Asian food recipes lately.  Well, tomorrow's post is gonna be General Tso's Chicken.  However, as I was discussing food with my best friend yesterday, she mentioned how much she wanted to cook more and how much she loved Mexican food.  Well, Saturday she'll get her Mexican food blog post wish.  Ha.  She and her family don't eat a lot of beef, and this recipe can easily be used for chicken.  I'm making shredded beef tacos.  They already smell delicious in the slow cooker behind me. Mmmm....







No comments:

Post a Comment