Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Healthy Snacking

I'm a snacker.  And sometimes that's just awful.  I am also a bored eater.  Like at school, I get there a few hours early to do my homework and have some me time.  I'll also spend some of that time munching on something.  Today it'll be strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, and blackberries.  I'll be munching on apple chips that I made yesterday, which is what I'm going to post about today.

I've made a real effort in the last few months to make healthy snacks, and homemade options of our favorite snacks.  So at some point this week, I'm gonna try out homemade cheezits. 


I used two organic Fuji apples.  Next time, I'm going to core the apples first.

Now you're going to need one tablespoon of cinnamon and two tablespoons of light brown sugar.

Add them to a bowl.

And now you've got your seasoning.

Line a baking sheet with parchment.

Dip your apple slices in, on both sides.

Bake for 1 hour at 225.

Flip and bake for another hour.

This is the finished product.  They are crispy and delicious.  And they will harden up pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment