Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day, a tribute to my two mommas.

I know that it's a day late.  We were with our mommas yesterday.  I wanted to take today's post to do a special about the two very special mommas in my life.
My mom, the woman in blue, is one of the strongest women that I have ever known.  She took me in as her daughter after her youngest son (my birth father) was shot and killed. She lost her youngest child when he was just 17 years old, two months shy of his 18th birthday.  She took me in at a time when she should have been getting ready for an empty nest.  Her children were all grown and she was supposed to be done.  She has overcome so many things in her life and touched so many lives.  She will give you the shirt off her back and not ask for anything in return.  She taught me that it is possible to be strong in the face of any adversity.  She had open heart surgery when I was 14.  That didn't stop her from making sure the house ran smoothly.  She has taught me so much.  She gave me a love for helping people and a love for cooking (even if she hates it now).  Though I also got my temper from her and my stubbornness.  I was mostly an easy child, though I know I pressed her sometimes.  I love her for everything she is and everything she made me into.

My mother-in-law, the woman in pink, is also one of the most generous women I know.  She loves to help people and gives her all to everything she does.  She is also one of the most hard working women I know.  While I'm sure she didn't always like me, I know she loves me now.  I say she didn't always like me because her baby boy fell in love with me.  That's right, I married the baby.  Though we have had our fights, I wouldn't change the last seven years for anything in the world.  She has taught me how to deal with the Woody men and with the other Insulators.  She is an absolutely amazing woman who has also overcome a lot of things in her life.  I love her for everything she is.


I also want to take a moment to mention one other woman who has come into my life in the last year at a time when the gods knew I needed her.  She knows who she is and I am so blessed to have met her.  She may live many states away now but she is always in my heart. 

So, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, mothers of furbabies, mothers of angels, expectant mothers, step mothers, single mothers, adopted mothers, grandmothers, and godmothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment