Friday, May 23, 2014

Chipotle Chicken Tacos

My brain tells me that I've written this post already.  The blog and my files tell me that isn't true.  Hrumph...  Oh well.  If you've already seen this, I apologize.

Right now, I've got a loaf of wheat bread cooking in the oven.  I also just made some chocolate haystack cookies.  And I'm really hungry.  Ugh...

This is a recipe that I absolutely love.  Mmm...  It's Chipotle Chicken Tacos.  And it's super simple.

First, you're gonna need:
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp chipotle chile powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp minced onion (dried)
3/4 tsp oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp vinegar

You'll also need 1 and 1/2 chicken breasts cut into strips.

Add the chicken to a gallon size bag.

Now add everything else in, mix in bag, and let sit for 30 minutes.

Once that thirty minutes is up, add it to a skillet and cook until completely done.  You don't need to add any extra oil to the pan because there's enough on the chicken.

It should look like this when it's done.

Serve on a whole wheat tortilla with shredded cheese (mine) or over nachos with white cheese sauce (Hubbs).  Either way, it makes a delicious meal, that doesn't take much effort.  If you don't want any heat, leave out the chile powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment