Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

I love cheesecake as much as Dean Winchester loves pie.  This isn't a secret.  It's definitely favorite dessert ever. Yum!  And my husband is a fat kid that loves Oreos.  So, I combined our two favorites last night and made Oreo cheesecake.

I was supposed to take my pan of these to class tonight but my husband's grandfather is in the hospital, so there's no class for me tonight.  I'm sure I'll find someone who will eat these cheesecakes.

I got this recipe from here but I did make one small adjustment since I had small eggs instead of large.  The recipe said it would make 15, well, mine made about 22.

First you're gonna line your cupcake pans with paper cups and put a whole Oreo in the bottom.
Next, assemble your ingredients:
2- 8oz packages of light cream cheese
1/2 cup of light sour cream
1 tsp of vanilla
1/8 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of sugar
3 small eggs (lightly beaten)
1 cup of roughly chopped Oreos

Add the cream cheese to the bowl of your stand mixer.
Mix until smooth.
Add the sugar.
Cream the cream cheese and sugar together until combined.
Next it's time for the egg.
Add it in slowly while the mixer is running.
Now add the salt.
The sour cream.
And the vanilla.
 Turn the mixer speed down to stir and slowly add in the cookies.
Using an ice cream scoop (I think it's the best way) add the mixture over the Oreos.
Bake at 275 for about 30 minutes (the original calls for 20, but mine took 30).
When they were done and before they cooled, I pushed a mini Oreo cookie down into the tops.  Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or over night, before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment