Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fried Rice and Good Luck!

So, today I went for a job interview at a bank.  I think it went good.  Not "great" because hindsight is 20/20.  Sigh.  But it's okay.  I got a double yolk today and that's supposed to mean good luck. :)

So, tonight's recipe is Fried Rice.  I know that after my recipe using a wok the other day everyone went out and bought one, right? Right?!  Ha. 
Okay, first you're gonna need a cup of rice.
Cook it as per the package directions.
Now you're gonna need 1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame oil (sesame oil is a tad bit expensive, feel free to use olive or canola oil) and 2 minced garlic cloves.
Add the oil to the wok and wait until it heats up.
Once it's hot add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
While it bubbles away, you'll need to get 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of soy sauce (low sodium), and 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
Once the garlic is done, add the veggies.
Cook for about a minute and then add the eggs.
And scramble them.
Once the eggs are cooked, add the rice to the wok and stir.
And the soy sauce and mix it up.
I cooked it for about three minutes at this point.
I served this with some of the wings that I made the other night.

I really hope you enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment