Thursday, April 10, 2014

Crockpot Whole Roasted Chicken

Today was such a pretty day.  Cleaned the house, took my beastie Paka for a walk, and cooked a delicious supper.  I roasted a whole chicken with potatoes,carrots, and corn in the crockpot.  Yum, yum. 

So first, you've got to get a whole chicken.  The one I used was just over four pounds.
You'll notice that I've removed the skin off of the breasts.  The breast is the only part of the chicken I like and I don't like the skin.  Blech.

Now to this, I rubbed some seasoning.
2 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of cayenne
1 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper
Dump it all in a bowl.
At this point I decided to add a teaspoon of thyme.
Now mix it all up.
Rub it all over the chicken.
Let it sit to the side.
Now in the crockpot, put 4 balls of foil.  This keeps the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Around that add potatoes (I used dutch baby yellow) and carrots.
On top of that put the chicken.
Put on the lid and set it to low.
I put it on at 930am and it was done at 5pm.
I took it out and cut it up.
Then I enjoyed a delicious dinner.
I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment