Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Crockpot Cashew Chicken

One of my Hubbs favorite meals is Cashew Chicken.  I usually prepare it with rice, but I don't know what he's eating it with tonight.  Anywho.  I have tweaked this recipe enough that I am calling it my own.

First, you're gonna need to get two cloves of garlic.
Mince them up.
Next, you're gonna need:
1 tsp of ground (or fresh) ginger
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of red pepper
1/2 cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar
4 Tbsp of ketchup (yes, ketchup.  I promise it's fine.)
1 Tbsp of Canola oil
2 Tbsp of brown sugar
Get a bigger bowl
Put all the dry stuff in it (brown sugar, pepper, red pepper, garlic, ginger)
Now add all the liquids (vinegar, ketchup, canola, soy sauce)
Whisk it all up.
Put your chicken in the crockpot and pour the sauce over it.
I know, you're thinking "WHERE ARE THE CASHEWS?!"
Well, I was out of cashews.  So, I'm using a cup of unsalted, roasted peanuts.
Add them into the crockpot with everything else.
Set your crockpot on low, and leave it alone for around 6 or 7 hours.
It's delicious.  It's tender.  It's juicy.  And now I'm hungry but I'm at school. :'(

I hope you enjoyed this dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment