Saturday, April 26, 2014

Breakfast Gravy

That's one of my favorite pictures from our wedding in 2010.  No, that's not my wedding dress.  I wore black and white.  This is the dress I changed into after the wedding.  I just wanted to share this picture with you.

Now, onto the tutorial.  It's just a short one today because we're going to a family thing at my brother's house.

I got up this morning and made breakfast for the Hubbs and I.  We had bacon, eggs, gravy, and biscuits (I cooked the rest of what I made last weekend).

This was my second time ever making gravy from scratch. 
First, you're gonna need to cook some bacon.
I always save my grease from bacon for this very use.  I've got a container in the fridge full of bacon grease.
You're gonna need 5 tablespoons of flour (maybe a little more, just start with 2 tablespoons though), 3 tablespoons of bacon grease, and 2 1/2 cups of milk (but only start with 1 cup).
Melt the grease.
Add the flour and whisk it all together.  This is the point at which I added more flour.
Add the first cup of milk, if it's still thick add another cup, etc.
Pour it into another bowl if you want.
Serve it over biscuits.






No comments:

Post a Comment