Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sprouts

I told you that I started my seeds this past weekend and that I'd come back and tell you what I've planted.  I love vegetables.  If it wasn't for the fact that my husband does not like that many (we're working on it though!) and would rather eat only meat, I'd be a vegetarian. Ha.  But at the moment turkey and chicken are all I eat (most of the time). 

I noticed when I sprayed my seeds this morning, that my seeds in cells 18 and 23 are beginning to sprout.  I have 144 cells for seeds.  I numbered each one and created an excel page listing the type of plant, what kind of that plant it is (roma, cherry, etc...), days to germination, days to harvest, and what cells those seeds are in.

Cell 18 is a Sugar Snappy Pea and cell 23 is an Oregon Sugar Pod II.  Both of these have a germination length of 7-14 days.  These two have sprouted in three days.  I'm excited.

The other things I have planted are:
Vegetables:
Beets (Detroit Dark Red), Tomatoes (Roma, Black Krim, and Beefsteak), Beans (Kitchen King), Pea (Oregon Sugar Pod II and Sugar Snappy), Zucchini (Fordhook), Sweet Corn (Early & Often), Cayenne (Long Thin Hot), Jalapeno (Early), Cauliflower (Winter Dream), Kale (Dwarf Blue Curled), Onion (Evergreen Long White Bunching), Anaheim (Pimiento), Squash (Early Prolific Straightneck), Carrot (Danvers 126).
Herbs:
Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum), True Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Cilantro (Coriandrum satvium), Stevia (Honeyleaf), Dill (Dukot), Parsley (Big Italy), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis).

We are currently waiting for a few seeds to come in the mail.  Another kind of pea, okra, kiwi, sunflower.  We are also going to do grapes as well. 

I'll try to take a picture of the sprouts in the morning.  This coming weekend we are going to hopefully be tilling the garden plot and start the fence to go around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment