Sunday, March 9, 2014

No Bake Cheesecake

Also, exciting news!  I'll be having a guest blogger a few times a month.  I know you'll love her just as much as I do. She is a friend and fellow crafter.  

So, anyone who knows me knows that I love to cook.  And I specifically love to bake.  I usually bake something every few weeks for my classmates at school (University of Phoenix) and for my husband's coworkers.  They range from cakes to cookies, pies to candy.  I just love cooking.  So, tonight I made No Bake Cheesecake (loosely adapted from here).  Though I used a cake pan instead of a spring form pan because I am not sending my spring form bottom with my husband, I'll never see it again.

For this recipe you'll need:

Crust:
1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp brown sugar

 It'll take nearly an entire pack to get the right amount.
Stick them in a food processor (or beat them with a rolling pin or large spoon in a bag) a little at a time.
Now we're at 1.5 cups.

Disclaimer:
Make sure you break the crackers up in more than just half.
Otherwise this happens.
:/
Next, you'll need 3tbsp of melted butter.
(Unless you know your bowl won't be hot, use an oven mitt.)
And 2tbsp of brown sugar.
(Yeah, I know that's only one.)
(Didn't photograph the next bit. Just trust me.)
Dump the crumbs into a bowl, add the butter, and brown sugar.
Combine. 
It should look a little like wet sand.
Press them into the bottom of your pan.
It should look like this:
Now sit it aside.

For the filling:
(I doubled this portion from the recipe)
3 packages of cream cheese (low fat, softened)
2/3 white sugar (or sugar sub)
1.5 cups of whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 tbsp lemon juice (half a fresh lemon)
You'll also need a mixer, like a KitchenAide stand mixer.
With a paddle.
(I prefer the paddle for the earlier parts)
Now cream the sugar and cream cheese together on medium.
 Next, slow the speed and add the liquid.
Switch to the whipping attachment.
(Took a photo here, but accidentally deleted it.)
Whip it until it's looks like a filling.
Pour it on top of the crust.




And put it in the fridge, preferably overnight.
And you're done.
You can put whatever topping on it that you want.
I made this one.
You'll need:
Strawberries (cut into quarters)
4-8 tbsp sugar
1-2 tbsp water
First you'll need whole strawberries (or frozen, whatever)
Cut those into quarters.
 And them to a pot.
Add the sugar and stir them up.
Add the water and stir it.
Put on medium heat and stir until it starts to form a syrup.
It'll get a little thicker than water.
I have no pictures after this point because my phone died (that's how I take the pictures).
Put these in a bowl in the fridge overnight.  They'll thicken up a little more.  Then more them over the cheesecake before you serve it.






Enjoy! I personally recommend turning on some music while you cook.  Right now, I'm listening to The Pretty Reckless on iHeartRadio. This way I get a fantastic mixture of music from Seether, Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, Three Days Grace, Fall Out Boy, and Panic At The Disco.

No comments:

Post a Comment