Friday, March 28, 2014

Hm... Health

So, everyone knows that I am working on being more healthy.  I want to lose 22lbs by the time I go back to the doctor in July.  I am wanting to get myself much healthier so that we can start a family.

No, I'm not pregnant, yet.

Just wanted to get that out of the way before people start jumping to conclusions.

Okay.  Back to being healthy.  About a year ago (last July) I stopped drinking soda.  I did it cold turkey.  Because I know that I can't slowly stop myself from doing things.  I'll always be like "Well, a little more won't hurt." So all I drink is unsweetened tea, water, and occasionally lemonade.  I don't drink a lot of bottled juice because it's got a lot of sugar in it.

I don't eat a lot of processed foods.  I don't eat much white bread, when I do eat bread it's mostly wheat and whole grain.  I try not to eat out much.  As you can tell, I love cooking and eating at home.  If it wasn't for the Hubbs, I could definitely be a vegetarian.  Or even vegan since I'm lactose intolerant. 
This is my biggest issue.  I'm terrible about talking bad about and to myself.  I was really skinny in high school and I gained a lot of weight after the Hubbs and I had been dating a few years.  Ugh...  I constantly look at myself in the mirror and I just see the fat around my waist.  It doesn't bother me for anywhere else.  And a lot of it stems from the fact that my mom likes to comment on my weight a lot.  Like today, I was telling my parents that this summer the Hubbs and I are gonna get to see someone that I met about 8 years ago, before the Hubbs and I met.  Her first response is "You've put on some weight since you last saw him."  Seriously?!  But whatever. 

We've been talking about negative self-talk in class a lot.  For a week (or longer) we were supposed to say something positive to ourselves in place of the negative.  Mine was "I am working toward having a more positive body image". 


We had been going to the gym.  But I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints so the warm-cold-warm-cold weather we've been having is killing me.  I don't know that we're going back to the gym, but as soon as this weather figures itself out and I stop hurting all the time, I'm going to start running again. 

I'm determined to get healthy.  I want to be healthy for me, for Blayne, and for my pregnancy.  Again, I'm not pregnant yet.

What do you do to stay healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment