Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crispy Garlic Cheddar Baked Chicken

So, I'm starving.  Ugh...  I can smell the food in the oven and it's got 8 minutes to go.  I know I've been promising this tutorial for a few days now.  We went out to eat with my parents yesterday, so I didn't blog at all.  This is a super duper easy recipe.

I made this recipe a few weeks ago (I can't remember where I found the original, but I have tweaked this one almost enough to call it my own) and the Hubbs loved it.
These pictures are awful, I have to find a charger for my camera.  Stupid cell phone pictures.
1/2 cup of melted butter
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of finely grated cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of panko
2 chicken breasts cut into tenders (cut all the nasty bits off)

Combine the Panko, pepper, and cheese in one bowl.
And the garlic powder, minced garlic, salt, and butter in another.
Dip the chicken in the butter mixture and then the Panko mixture.
Lay on a sprayed or foiled sheet pan
Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
I served ours with mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas.

Pictures a little blurry, but it was definitely delicious.  This is the kind of recipe I throw together when we need something quick (35 minutes isn't really quick, but it's quick to put together).

No comments:

Post a Comment