Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cleaning

I've spent most of the entire day trying to figure out what I was going to write about tonight.  Since I have class and didn't get a guest lined up. 

Everyone has heard the phrase "Cleanliness is Next to Godliness" and if you haven't, now you have.  I'll be the first to admit that my house isn't always the cleanest.  We have dogs, dogs can be messy.  We work, we have class, we have lives that don't evolve around cleaning.

But when I start cleaning, my house is clean.  I'm not saying my dishes don't get backed up.  I'm not saying laundry doesn't pile up.  I'm not saying that the kitty litter is always emptied.  It's not. 

When I clean at home, I try to only use homemade or green options.  Clorox Green Works is my preferred counter top and window cleaner.  I use reusable kitchen towels to clean instead of paper towels.

I have also started using Swiffer Wet Jets instead of an old fashioned mop and bucket.  I feel that the mop and bucket does two things wrong 1: wastes water and 2: just mixes the dirty water with the clean water.  I know you're probably thinking "But Jessica!  That's plastic that will cause pollution and isn't very green."  Well this is true.  Except that once my initial bottle is empty, I'm intending to fill it with vinegar and water.  And I'm going to make my own pads so that I can just throw them into the washer.

I use a rag and oil to dust because most of the things I own are wood and metal. 

I'm trying to get into the habit of cleaning specific rooms on specific days.  Kitchen on Monday, Laundry Room on Tuesday, Living Room on Wednesday, Bathrooms on Thursday, Bedroom on Friday, General cleaning on Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment