Saturday, March 1, 2014

Black Bean Brownies

I know it's been a long time since I blogged.  But I've finally decided on what I want to do with this blog.  And to make up for my absence, I'm going to show you how to make healthy, low carb, gluten free, brownies.

They're BLACK BEAN BROWNIES.  Don't let the black beans scare you, you can't taste them.  All you'll taste is delicious chocolate brownies.  I even have pictures of the process!  I got the recipe from here.

Black Bean Brownies (preheat oven to 350 degrees)
First, you need to rinse and completely drain a 14oz can of low sodium black beans.

Then assemble the rest of your ingredients.


You'll need:
Two (2) large eggs (As you can see I have 3, but mine were small)
3/4cup of sugar
1/2cup of cocoa powder (I did 50/50 unsweetened and dark)
1/2tsp of coffee
1/2tsp of baking powder
1/2tsp of baking soda 
1Tbsp of unsweetened almond milk (I used light vanilla almond, but you can use regular milk)
1tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2tsp olive oil
1cup of chocolate chips (divided)


Put the beans in your food processor.


 Add the eggs.
(Here I would like to note that if you wanted to make these Vegan, you can do so by using a flax egg substitute.)


 Blend until relatively smooth.


 Add the sugar and blend.


Then do the same with the cocoa


Here the other liquids, coffee, baking soda, and baking powder have been added.


 Pour into a bowl and add half of the chocolate chips.  Fold them in.


Pour into a greased baking pan.


 Here is where my recipe gets little different.
Sprinkle the other half of the chocolate chips over the top.
Then I sprinkle 1/4 cup of caramel bits on one half
and a 1/4 cup of peanut butter chips on the other half.


Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for five minutes before cutting.

These are the finished brownies (but a different batch, I forgot to take a picture of the others before my dad picked them up).


I'm telling you, they're good.  Try them.  I'm taking two pans to school on Tuesday and making another pan for my brother-in-law and his wife (well, half a pan, I'm keeping the other half).

Bake them, try them.  Come back and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment