Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A few more sprouts, flowers, and a farmhand.

Before I do anything else, I want to introduce you to my little farmhand, Paka.  She will be celebrating her 6th birthday this month!
She's pretty short and barely weighs 5lbs.  She can't carry much and she isn't very good at fetching things you need around the garden.  But she's pretty good at standing and lookin' pretty!


Spring is nearly here!  We've got some beautiful buttercups coming up around our mailbox and my all of my trees are budding out and turning green!  The sun is shining, birds are singing, and I've probably got my hopes up because it's probably gonna get cold again. :) :( :)

I woke up this morning to find that 18 and 23 weren't my only sprouts.  I now have sprouts in 11, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 93, 99, 100, and 101.  Those are beans, peas, oregano, and corn.







 You can see the sprouts in 11, 18, 23, 24, 93, and 100 here.
I know, they're crappy photos, I took them with my cell phone.






 The big open area you see there is where our newest 12x12 garden is going.  I'm planning to do my climbing vegetables (peas, beans, zucchini, and yellow squash), tomatoes (roma, black krim, beefsteak), kale, cauliflower, and okra here. 

And then the stone and wooden beds are where I plant my root veggies (carrots, radishes, potatoes, garlic, onions, beets) peppers (jalapeno, Anaheim, and cayenne), and my herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley, oregano, lavender, cilantro, basil, and stevia). I did plant some more garlic today too.

So I think that's it for today.  I've got some cleaning to do and then have to get ready to meet one of my hubby's coworkers tonight.  (We've played WoW together, but I've never met him face to face.)

Got any ideas of what you'd like to see me try?  Just shoot me a comment here or an e-mail at homemadetohappiness@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment